Become A Director
BCP is seeking additional director submissions for Youth and Holiday Productions
Are you or someone you know interested in directing a youth production or a holiday production in our 45th season in 2018-2019?
To be considered, please provide the following information in your submission:
- Program Selection Submission Form in either .pdf or Excel format. On the form, please include information on the proposed production, other important details, and rank our six production time slots in order of preference.
Please note: Additional submissions must be for either the youth production in the summer of 2018, or the holiday production in 2018.
- Please submit one (1) copy of each script (play and/or musical). Please be sure to also submit one (1) copy of a cast recording (CD or .mp3 audio files) in addition to the script for all musical submissions. Since the musical score is such an integral part of a stage musical, no musical submissions can be considered without a recording accompanying it.
- A theatrical resume outlining past directing experience and theatrical background.
A director may propose any play or musical they would like to direct; however, please keep in mind our facility and stage, as well as the marketability of your submission. Check out the Directors Page for more information on budgets, facility, etc.
All submissions must be received or postmarked no later than Wednesday, October 11, 2017. Submissions may be mailed via U.S. Mail, dropped off, or e-mailed.
If you choose to mail your submissions, please send to:
Buck Creek Players
Attn: Program Selection
11150 Southeastern Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46259
If mailing your submission, please send by way of the United States Postal Service ONLY. We are an all-volunteer community theater and unfortunately do not have staff available during the day to sign for UPS or Fed Ex deliveries. You may also save postage by dropping off submissions directly to the playhouse or by e-mailing your submission(s).
Over our 40+ years of existence, very few productions have been repeated, with new pieces highly encouraged. We will fully consider pieces we have previously produced; however, if all other factors are equal, preference will be given to the piece we have not produced. For a list of past productions, please view our Past Seasons.
All submissions will be reviewed by the Program Selection Committee in the coming months, and the proposed season will be chosen and approved by the Buck Creek Players Board of Directors and General Membership. All potential directors will be notified whether or not their pieces were selected for the 2018-2019 season.
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions..
Please find the following forms available for download below:
- 2018-2019 Program Selection Submission Form - Youth & Holiday only(.PDF)
- 2018-2019 Fillable Program Selection Submission Form - Youth & Holiday only (Microsoft Excel)
- Production FAQ's
- Sample Production Budgets
- Stage Floor Diagram
|File Size:||482 kb|
|File Size:||38 kb|