Monday & Tuesday
August 1 & 2, 2016
Produced by MELISSA DEVITO
Directed by LEA VINEY
Set Design & Tech Directed by LEA VINEY
Costumes by CATHY CUTSHALL
Lighting Design by DON DRENNEN
Hair & Makeup by DREW BRYSON
Stage Managed by MELISSA DEVITO
Properties by MELISSA DEVITO
Buck Creek Playhouse will hold open auditions for DIRTY BLONDE, a comedy by Claudia Shear with an original score by Bob Stillman, on Monday and Tuesday, August 1 and 2, 2016, at 7 p.m. at the playhouse, 11150 Southeastern Avenue. Director Lea Viney is looking for a diverse group of 2 men and 1 woman between the ages of 30-50 for this play with music. All roles are available.
- WOMEN: Please be prepared to do a Mae West impersonation.
- MEN: Please be prepared to do a W.C. Fields impersonation.
- EVERYONE: Please prepare 16-32 measures of a vaudeville, old standard, or Golden Age Broadway style song. An accompanist will be provided.
- EVERYONE: Please be prepared to read from the script.
- DIRTY BLONDE is scheduled for six performances, weekends September 30-October 9, 2016. Please bring a list of all conflicts from August through early October 2016.
Reading copies of the script may be purchased here.
In this touching and hilarious tribute to Mae West, the 1930s film star comes roaring back to life when two super-fans meet at her grave and form a hesitant friendship. Together, their celebrity fantasies form a strikingly human portrait of one of the world’s FAVORITE and wittiest sex symbols.
"I made myself platinum, but I was born a dirty blonde.” - Mae West
An office temp and aspiring actress. She is a tough girl, much like Mae West.
Also plays Mae West.
Quiet as a library worker, but vocal and obsessive as a fan of Mae West.
Also plays Harry, Jim Timony, Lt. Gregg. Judge, Duchess, Kid Moreno, W.C. Fields, and Muscleman.
An actor who Mae put in all her movies. (Piano players encouraged.)
Also plays Edward Eisner, Frank Wallace, Man, Armando, Joe Frisco, and Muscleman.